Expectations of a ZBA Board Member
As a ZBA member there are several expectations:
- Attend Meetings whenever an appeal is filed- about 3-4 per year.
- Knowledge of the Appeals process; view this link.
- Understanding of the various Zoning Districts of the City. Zoning Map: https://tinyurl.com/yxpnlbr5, Zoning Districts: https://tinyurl.com/y55nskq5.
- Full Understanding of the Standards used to consider granting a variance; view this link.
- Being fair and impartial in rendering your decisions.
- Conflicts of Interest - Being open, honest and transparent if you see any potential conflicts per the Code of Ethics of Reed City.
- Social Media - Accepting that this is part of life and your right to participate is protected but it also carries responsibilities and obligations as a public ZBA member per the Social Media Policy of the City, https://tinyurl.com/y6g9yuzw