Trash Pick Up Rules
Regular pick up day is THURSDAY unless a Major Holiday falls in that week; then the pickup will be one day later. Major Holidays are New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
American Waste bags are available at City Hall, Shakers Party Store and Marathon Gas Station. 10 bags are $20.50.
Trash can be put out after 4:00 p.m. the day before the weekly pick up.
Download a File:
Trash Pick Up Rules (PDF)
Monthly Curbside Cleanup
Within the City Limits of Reed City. Cleanup will be performed the FIRST Thursday of every month unless a Major Holiday falls that week, then the pickup will be one day later.
All items must be to the curb by 7:00.a.m. but no sooner than the Saturday evening prior to the Thursday pick up.
All items must be boxed, bagged, and/ or in bundles of 4’ or less and weighing less than 45 lbs. No more than one cubic yard (3’x3’x3’) will be collected per home each month.
Building materials in excess of one cubic yard will not be collected.
- Lumber must be no longer than 4 foot length
- Carpet must be cut and rolled into 4 foot lengths and should not exceed 45lbs
- 4x8 sheet good (plywood, drywall, paneling) will not be collected unless cut into 2’x4’ panels
Bulky items such as
The Cleanup services will not take the following items:
- Furniture-such as couches, chairs, table, mattresses, etc.
- Non-Freon appliances(washers, dryers, stoves)
- Refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, and air conditioners with a “certified Freon removed tag” applied by a licensed heating and cooling contractor.
Standard bagged household garbage are NOT ACCEPTABLE which includes kitchen food waste and other clearly apparent standard refuse which is place out in avoidance of weekly collection.
Household hazardous waste is NOT ACCEPTABLE and includes the following examples:
- Liquid Paints (latex, oil based or varnishes)
- Pesticides or other household chemicals
- Motor oil or cooking oil
- Pharmaceuticals, drugs or pills
For more information regarding household hazardous waste, please view the following web address: www.osceolalakeed.org/hazardous-waste-collection
Yard waste is NOT ACCEPTABLE including grass clippings, leaves, twigs, branches, and other garden refuse.
The state of Michigan prohibits household hazardous waste, tires and yard waste from being accepted into the landfill.
No household waste will be collected unless placed in prepaid bags.
Items for monthly clean up are for CITY residents ONLY!
(Residents bringing in items from outside the city will have their services suspended)