Monthly Bulk Trash Pickup
Within the City Limits of Reed City. Pickup will be performed the FIRST Thursday of every month unless a Major Holiday falls that week, then the pickup will be one day later.
Note: Items for monthly clean up are for CITY residents ONLY!
(Residents bringing in items from outside the city will have their services suspended)
All items must be to the curb by 7:00.a.m. but no sooner than the Saturday evening prior to the Thursday pick up.
All items must be boxed, bagged, and/or in bundles of 4’ or less and weighing less than 45 lbs. No more than one cubic yard (3’x3’x3’) will be collected per home each month.
Building materials in excess of one cubic yard will not be collected.
- Lumber must be no longer than 4 foot length
- Vinyl flooring and carpet must be dry, cut and rolled into 4 foot lengths and should not exceed 45lbs
- 4x8 sheet good (plywood, drywall, paneling) will not be collected unless cut into 2’x4’ panels
Bulky items such as
- Furniture-such as couches, chairs, table, mattresses, etc. **MATTRESSES MUST BE BAGGED FOR COLLECTION** Mattress bags can be purchased at Wal-Mart, Meijer, Menards, Lowe’s, Home Depot, Amazon, U-Haul rentals and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- Non-Freon appliances(1-washers, or 1-dryer, or 1-stove or 1-microwave)
- 1-Refrigerators, or 1-freezer, or 1-dehumidifier or 1-air conditioner with a “certified Freon removed tag” applied by a licensed heating and cooling contractor.
Cardboard & Clothing
The Cleanup services will not take the following items: Standard bagged household garbage is NOT ACCEPTABLE
- Cardboard must be placed in colored prepaid blue garbage bags. It is preferred that clean cardboard be stacked, tied and brought to the Reed City Recycling Center, 531 E. Lincoln Ave.
- Clothing is to be placed in colored prepaid blue garbage bags. It is preferred that good used clothing be brought to a local non-profit agency for reuse
which includes kitchen food waste and other clearly apparent standard refuse which is placed out in avoidance of weekly collection.
Household hazardous waste is NOT ACCEPTABLE and includes the following examples:
- Liquid Paints (latex, oil based or varnishes)
- Pesticides or other household chemicals
- Gasoline, antifreeze, motor oil, cooking oil, flammables and explosives
- Pharmaceuticals, drugs or pills (Please see Reed City Police for disposal)
For more information regarding household hazardous waste, please view the following web address: Osceola-Lake Conservation District: www.osceolalakecd.org
Yard waste is NOT ACCEPTABLE including grass clippings, leaves, twigs, branches, and other garden refuse.
The state of Michigan prohibits household hazardous waste, tires and yard waste from being accepted into the landfill.